Sunday, June 13, 2010

Another Close Encounter

So everyday items that most people use perfectly are deadly items in my hands. Let me relate a simple encounter that happened this morning.

I have recently started a workout regime with the wonder that is Jillian Michaels.

So I missed my last two workouts. The first two. I am trying to make them up today and it is off to an interesting start.
have a circuit training day today and started with some resistance band shoulder presses from over a door. I set up my equipment and I got started. Rep one: alright this will be ok. Rep two: WWWHHHHHAAAAAPPP! The door has come open and I have been whapped in the head with the door anchor. Ouch! ok, now what? I whimper for a few minutes and then get up and get back to work. From this point on I made sure that I closed the door fully, locked it and then held it with my foot. I am sure that it compromises the exercise a bit but it is better than getting whapped again.

I finished the circuit. Some of the work was not the easiest in the whole world but I was able to muscle through.

Later today I will be doing some cardio that I hope to get in about 45 minutes of work. I will then be caught up with my workouts and be back on track for working hard.
p.s. I have a huge bump on my forehead now. I look like a rhino.

No comments: