Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Counting Down

So the end of the year is fast approaching. It is amazing to me how quickly the year can pass without me realizing it. Last year I had the problem that it seemed like the year was dragging on for eternity. I think that had to do with the fact that I was trying to finish my masters and teacher my first year at the same time. It amazes me that I was actually able to make it through. I have only 17 school days left of the year. Interestingly enough I am actually going to take one of those days off work too. So as of today I only have 16 more days of work before summer comes! That is the most fabulous news I have heard in a while! I love it!

Although school is almost over, this is probably the hardest part of the year because the students get so squirrelly that it is hard to accomplish anything. Some teachers will use this as an excuse not to be productive; I use it as a reason to crack down. I want my students to know that my class lasts all the way through the last day and there will be no breaks because honestly when they get into the work force there are not going to be breaks all the time like they get now! I know that this makes my students think that I am not friendly and I am too strict...my response to that "suck it up!"

As far as things go in my relationship life...well even if I tried to explain it, it wouldn't make any sense so lets just leave it at that.

No comments: